Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    44

    Default Numbness Pins&Needles

    I keep getting extreme pins and needles in my limbs... waking up with numb hands... not being able to move my fingers. I'm at work and my leg and foot just turned to stone... couldn't stand up properly. Should I be overly concerned? I have been using IV Heroin for a year. I'm worried... am i close to getting a blood clot?

  2. #2
    mpharn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by NeedleFixation

    I keep getting extreme pins and needles in my limbs... waking up with numb hands... not being able to move my fingers. I'm at work and my leg and foot just turned to stone... couldn't stand up properly. Should I be overly concerned? I have been using IV Heroin for a year. I'm worried... am i close to getting a blood clot?
    I had the same symptoms on Methadone- especially when I woke up but it also could haappen anytime. I know others on this board have experienced it too. I quit the crap back in Macrh and never had the problems again.:)

    ~Mary~

    "The tendancy is to push it as far as you can...."
    _____________________________________
    Opiate free 8/3/05, Methadone Free 3/17/06
    2006 is all about having BIG fun!

  3. #3
    arlenewla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, .
    Posts
    3,868

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by NeedleFixation

    I keep getting extreme pins and needles in my limbs... waking up with numb hands... not being able to move my fingers. I'm at work and my leg and foot just turned to stone... couldn't stand up properly. Should I be overly concerned? I have been using IV Heroin for a year. I'm worried... am i close to getting a blood clot?
    Your are you still using H* or detoxing?

    Do you have swelling/abscesses/redness/hot to the touch?

    Arlene F.
    EXODUS FROM MMT
    NOW HAPPY, JOYOUS & FREE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    No Arlene, none of those symptoms... just bruising and soreness.I am still using H via IV.

  5. #5
    arlenewla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, .
    Posts
    3,868

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by NeedleFixation

    No Arlene, none of those symptoms... just bruising and soreness.I am still using H via IV.
    'Morning NF ~

    I've never been an IV user, so I will defer to others on the site.

    Just wondering if you could have hit a nerve that is causes the tingling/numbness. Sorry, babe...just don't know.

    In that your original question posed whether you should be "overly concerned...and that you're worried...possible blood clot", I [u]would</u> most humbly suggest that you stop the process of shooting H*.

    Have you thought about getting clean and your options? Warmly, Ar

    Arlene F.
    EXODUS FROM MMT
    NOW HAPPY, JOYOUS & FREE

  6. #6
    Hulk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Needlefixation - As you know from my previous post to you, I was an IV heroin user.... What you are experiencing is either you missed the vein and/or it's cut with some phunky ****... I remember when I was using the pins and needles would happen to me every so often when I missed due to collapsed veins. Be careful! This is exactly why you should stop.

    "There is no easy way out"


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I'm not injecting in my leg though and i had numbness in my feet from only using IV arms. Im thinking the numbness is due to collapsed veins in the arms but that doesn't explain the leg/feet numbness. I'm looking to stop soon but i want to find a source of clonidine online first... i asked in another post but if anyone can let me know a good source please let me know. :)

  8. #8
    Stone Roses is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA.
    Posts
    35

    Default

    how are you at work?
    will you lose your job if you take a few days to work this out?

  9. #9
    arlenewla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, .
    Posts
    3,868

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by NeedleFixation

    I'm not injecting in my leg though and i had numbness in my feet from only using IV arms. Im thinking the numbness is due to collapsed veins in the arms but that doesn't explain the leg/feet numbness. I'm looking to stop soon but i want to find a source of clonidine online first... i asked in another post but if anyone can let me know a good source please let me know. :)
    Hi again NF ~

    This may sound somewhat blunt, so please forgive me.

    However, it seems to me that instead of concentrating on the reasons for the numbness in your arms/feet/legs, collapsed veins, etc., it would be a lot more productive if you concentrated on getting clean.

    It would also appear to me that if you have enough ingenuity to find the ways and means of copping H* and needles, you can find an online pharmacy that will dispense Clonodine. They dispense every narcotic under the sun without an RX, so I don't think finding Clonodine can be too difficult...IF YOU WANT TO FIND ONE!

    Sorry...just one woman's opinion.

    Arlene F.
    EXODUS FROM MMT
    NOW HAPPY, JOYOUS & FREE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Thankyou all for helping!

    Arlerie / Hulk- i am preparing to stop, thinking of stopping on Friday after work... but terrified of the switch over to subutex coz of the long wait before it starts helping

    Stone Roses - i cant take time out as im on a 3month probation and they're really strict


  11. #11
    arlenewla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, .
    Posts
    3,868

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by NeedleFixation

    Thankyou all for helping!

    Arlerie / Hulk- i am preparing to stop, thinking of stopping on Friday after work... but terrified of the switch over to subutex coz of the long wait before it starts helping
    Stone Roses - i cant take time out as im on a 3month probation and they're really strict

    BRAVO, babe ~ great first step. Courageous.

    Fear...terror...can/will immobilize you. You CAN do this! Love, Ar

    Arlene F.
    EXODUS FROM MMT
    NOW HAPPY, JOYOUS & FREE

  12. #12
    Hulk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Neelefixation - You can do it! Look at it this way and please don't take offense to it... It's either you deal with it and wait until your in mild to moderate wd's and take the subutex or keep doing heroin and be miserable.... I think you know which one is the better choice... I know you're scared but there really is no other choice....

    "There is no easy way out"


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Information in this forum is not monitored or provided by a medical professional. The information reflects member opinions only. Do not act on advice from these forums without first consulting a qualified medical professional. All content is copyrighted and protected by Aelius Group.