Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23
  1. #1
    MAR
    MAR is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, .
    Posts
    7

    Default HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM TH

    Hi everyone, i am an addict to pain pills. recently i was put on sub. the drug is beyond belief . it works. i have been on 2mg tabs for about 3weeks now. last week i slipped and i popped hydrocodone 10's i popped 20 of them, i figured my low dose of sub would not be a match for the 20 hydro's yeah was i wrong. errrrrrr i was pissed i was having a day and alls i wanted was to feel peace for a moment. but no the sub would not allow me to get high. i dont get it. i take a very small dose 2mg a day i allowed 1 day to pass before i attempted to get a drug hug and nothing. i just want to know how long does this stay in you head. i know i'm basically saying i wanna know so i can feel that supernatual feeling again. not that i dont appriciate what sub has done for me. but sometimes in my minds kaos , my souls broken i want that extra love suboxone does not give me. i wish it wasn't such a bad thing the feeling from opiods, because its so love. why cant they makesomething to give you the love. n forget about the rest. just ranting a bit. but my main question to anyone is how long are my receptors blocked. does anyone know.?

  2. #2
    jdude's Avatar
    jdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Hello MAR,
    Have you ever played russian roulette? .....Yes you did, just used pills and not a revolver.
    Normally I start a post to a new member with welcome. But this site is called Opiate DETOX and RECOVERY. I don't know how you will feel posting with ALL the members in one phase or another of a struggle to get or maintain being drug free[?]
    Answer to your question: Drop the Sub its a very powerful opiod, that you obviously don't have or want a clue about. It's a good short term tool to aid in DETOX. After 3 weeks or longer the general consenses is the harder the WD.Possible long term/permanent effects?
    But since it blocks the receptors(very well in your case) it's also a very good tool to OD with.Half life of 37 hrs!!
    You did'nt get to your max DOC dose overnight. You tapered up..took more for that same "supernatural love feeling". Then with the sub you stopped. Your body started to adjust down from the DOC. Then you want to pick-up where you left off [V] I was at 400+ mg of Oxys/day, started with hydros.Been off all opiates 10 months, and the sub 64 days. If I tried HALF my normal dose, I'd be dead in the morning.
    Want help with detox or getting clean? Here we are. Want to keep chasing the high...any addict can help you with that. But remember that next $10 you spend could be your last.
    Sorry if this comes off harsh, I'm in the middle of PAWS, and forget things like TACT sometimes.
    Your choice.
    Stay well( I HOPE)

  3. #3
    MAR
    MAR is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, .
    Posts
    7

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by jdude

    Hello MAR,
    Have you ever played russian roulette? .....Yes you did, just used pills and not a revolver.
    Normally I start a post to a new member with welcome. But this site is called Opiate DETOX and RECOVERY. I don't know how you will feel posting with ALL the members in one phase or another of a struggle to get or maintain being drug free[?]
    Answer to your question: Drop the Sub its a very powerful opiod, that you obviously don't have or want a clue about. It's a good short term tool to aid in DETOX. After 3 weeks or longer the general consenses is the harder the WD.Possible long term/permanent effects?
    But since it blocks the receptors(very well in your case) it's also a very good tool to OD with.Half life of 37 hrs!!
    You did'nt get to your max DOC dose overnight. You tapered up..took more for that same "supernatural love feeling". Then with the sub you stopped. Your body started to adjust down from the DOC. Then you want to pick-up where you left off [V] I was at 400+ mg of Oxys/day, started with hydros.Been off all opiates 10 months, and the sub 64 days. If I tried HALF my normal dose, I'd be dead in the morning.
    Want help with detox or getting clean? Here we are. Want to keep chasing the high...any addict can help you with that. But remember that next $10 you spend could be your last.
    Sorry if this comes off harsh, I'm in the middle of PAWS, and forget things like TACT sometimes.
    Your choice.
    Stay well( I HOPE)
    i understand what your saying and so so want to be free from my addiction then one day uncontrolable erges and thoughts caused by actions of my life hit me and i run to that place that use to keep me safe from my pain. now that i cant anymore , for me to live a life i must stop. i am glad you came down on me the way you did. i am new into this recovery. also new in learning about suboxone. and as much information i can learn from everyone in recovery is better than not atleast trying. i'm apologise that i am not as far along as you are or as wise. or dont say things the way everyone wants me to. i am a new member. still learning. and i am just speaking from my truths, trying to be real about my situation. speak freely.

  4. #4
    MAR
    MAR is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, .
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i just read a post where a girl actually died for mixing sub and other opiods i did not know how dangerous this is...mar

    part of the post:

    The 3 things that we believe couldve been the cause of her death. 1) She had the "flu" for 2 days now, my theory is she was trying to get the suboxone out of her system for one last pick me up or as a reward for all the good she had achieved so far. Of course to me a reward for anything we ackomplish while in this state should be more like a bar of chocolate, not what we are trying to be proud of it being gone. So 2 days out, and she O.D. because technically its still there a bit longer and the opiates she took and the antaganist decided it was WW3. On the way to the floor she also busted her head and it was a very bad head wound btw.
    2) which gets me to this theory, she had another siezure after trying to do both opiate and suboxone, which all should know anyway but I will say again, YOU CAN NOT MIX THIS MED WITH ANY OPIATES. The siezure then causing her to hit her head and she died of the head wound.
    3)But more then likely the other theory is , she got ahold of something other then an opiate that could be injected (because unfortunetly it was the needle she was also addicted too) such as coke, and she was just not aware of what is too much and measured it according to what she had in her tool when using opiates.


  5. #5
    jdude's Avatar
    jdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Welcome Mar,
    You'll find there are many addicts here. All in one stage or another. Some of us are very weak. We know the effects of our DOC. Sometimes the thought or mention of the euphoria is enough to restart a bad relapse,sometimes less.
    OK then. Yes the Sub is a powerful opiod. You'll find some good info on here.Good news is your at 2mg. Are you taking the Suboxone or Subutex? From your post,I'm gonna quess it was for a hydro addiction?

    Now that I'm typing softer:) how can we help you to help you?
    If you read some info on the sub you'll hear alot of "less is more".
    Less the dose, and less time on the better.

  6. #6
    Otheronetwo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Mar,

    I'm gonna ask one thing also related to Jdude's posts. My question is: Do you have a game plan? What do you wish to do? Get clean?

    You need to have a game plan friend and we can help you there if you wish. A broken mind can't fix itself.

    Sooo, you have a progressive fatal disease that will kill you in the end, horribly, if not arrested. What is it that you want?

    Best regards,

    Chris

  7. #7
    Zandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl, .
    Posts
    162

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by jdude

    Welcome Mar,
    You'll find there are many addicts here. All in one stage or another. Some of us are very weak. We know the effects of our DOC. Sometimes the thought or mention of the euphoria is enough to restart a bad relapse,sometimes less.
    OK then. Yes the Sub is a powerful opiod. You'll find some good info on here.Good news is your at 2mg. Are you taking the Suboxone or Subutex? From your post,I'm gonna quess it was for a hydro addiction?

    Now that I'm typing softer:) how can we help you to help you?
    If you read some info on the sub you'll hear alot of "less is more".
    Less the dose, and less time on the better.

  8. #8
    Mic Guest

    Default

    Hi Mar-

    Would like to extend a warm welcome to you....sounds as though you've discovered the incredible power of Sub's blocking capabilities? Please be extra careful trying to overcome the blocking properties of Sub, by taking boatloads of a full agonist. Not only do you not get high, you can get dead. Even though you're not high, the respiratory depressing actions of the narcotic is still at full-force. I cannot emphasize enough the risk of what you're doing.

    If it's recovery you're seeking, we may be able to help. As to your question....takes a few days before full agonists are effective.

    Mic



    quote:Originally posted by MAR

    Hi everyone, i am an addict to pain pills. recently i was put on sub. the drug is beyond belief . it works. i have been on 2mg tabs for about 3weeks now. last week i slipped and i popped hydrocodone 10's i popped 20 of them, i figured my low dose of sub would not be a match for the 20 hydro's yeah was i wrong. errrrrrr i was pissed i was having a day and alls i wanted was to feel peace for a moment. but no the sub would not allow me to get high. i dont get it. i take a very small dose 2mg a day i allowed 1 day to pass before i attempted to get a drug hug and nothing. i just want to know how long does this stay in you head. i know i'm basically saying i wanna know so i can feel that supernatual feeling again. not that i dont appriciate what sub has done for me. but sometimes in my minds kaos , my souls broken i want that extra love suboxone does not give me. i wish it wasn't such a bad thing the feeling from opiods, because its so love. why cant they makesomething to give you the love. n forget about the rest. just ranting a bit. but my main question to anyone is how long are my receptors blocked. does anyone know.?
    It takes what it takes

  9. #9
    Zandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sunrise, Fl, .
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Hi,
    I am so confused.Im knew at this but old to the other crap.I need help with getting off methodoneI never heard of the other drugs till recently.Im down to 25mg from 125.Do i keep going or just stop.I cant afford to miss work.

  10. #10
    jdude's Avatar
    jdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Welcome Zandy,
    You may want to go to the methadone forum. You're welcome anywhere, but there are alot of Methadone folks there with experience.
    Congrats on your taper!:)
    Click on the top left all forums then click the methadone forum. Posting is the same. The weeekend is sometimes a little slow but you'll get your answers. Check back here time to time as well.
    You never know who's lurking on what forum:D
    Stay well

  11. #11
    arlenewla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, .
    Posts
    3,868

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by jdude
    You may want to go to the methadone forum

    You never know who's lurking on what forum:D
    Lurker here.:D

    Refugee from the Methadone forum.

    Zandy....we'll meet you there. Start a thread of your own.

    Warmly,
    Ar

    Arlene F.
    Exodus From MMT;12-25-02
    <center>"Half measures availed us nothing. The results were nil until we let go absolutely.
    If nothing changes, nothing changes"</center>

  12. #12
    jdude's Avatar
    jdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    :D:D Lurker maybe..refugee never :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Information in this forum is not monitored or provided by a medical professional. The information reflects member opinions only. Do not act on advice from these forums without first consulting a qualified medical professional. All content is copyrighted and protected by Aelius Group.