Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    flippy Ed is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation The absolute best way to detox!

    I've been on, and detoxed off of every opiate, mu-opiate, etc... I know of. I've rapid-detoxed, weaned-off, and COLD TURKEYED all of those drugs too. The last was a 3 year maintenance of Suboxone. I Cold Turkyed it! 6 years before that I Cold Turkyed 4-7 40mg Methadone Wafers, or 120mg-280mg of Methadone a day. Usually 120 mg! I did it COLD TURKEY! 2 weeks of a pure reminder of why I would never want to go back. The ONLY reason I wound up on Suboxone is because it was fairly new, I was hospitalized from a very bad car accident, and my Dr. told me Suboxone would be less addictive, and act longer. HA! I find it all comes down to how bad you want ti! If you want it bad enough you will stop it completely, because you are fed up. Why make it linger? Cold Turkey seems the most sincere way, quickest way, and reminding way of the hell it brings. I say get it out of your life NOW! Yes, it is shitty going through the extreme withdrawals, Shocked, but nothing worth anything comes easy. I've been clean for 11yrs. now, and work with addicts @ a 1yr. Faith Based Program Counseling addicts. Everyone who comes in addicted to opiates does it C.T. unless med. conditions will not allow it. Personally I find the extreme withdrawals of C.T. are a benefit if you choose to view your life as becoming truly free a benefit. I find C.T. over all is the best, and most desirable way to GET IT DONE! You will feel, and know how strong you really are when your going threw it, and are done with it. You will gain a sense of accomplishment threw the C.T. way that is transferable to sober life. I since survived Hurricane Katrina taking EVERYTHING materially I have ever worked for, my family photos, lives of people I loved, the place where I grew up "St. Bernard Parish", my house, and my life as I knew it at the time, but I KNOW I am an over-comer, and I have what it takes to be a survivor. Not only "just" surviving, but living life fully and abundantly! You need to want to BE DONE bad enough to put everything aside for a couple weeks, and Just Do It! No dilly-dallying around. Believe me you are strong enough! You need to let go of the FEAR of Withdrawing, and look forward to it. Sounds crazy right, looking forward to detoxing! Your not looking forward to the detoxing, but past it knowing "IT WILL END". When you get to this point in your life your success rate is a whopping 85%. Our Center has an 85% success rate of course with hiccups here n' there, but 85% overall. With this said about COLD TURKEY detoxing you also have to visit your Dr. 1st, not looking for excuses why not to, but to see if your body, and mind is medically able to handle it. I have 2 compressed discs n' 2 titanium rods attaching my spine together. I also used to suffer from Panic Attacks since I was 16 yrs. old that would have me black-out they were so intense. I did it with all of this, and YES it was an ordeal, but from that ordeal I gained a new perspective, one that stays fresh with me more so than any HIGH for sure. If you are medically able to, and your Dr. says you are, I would Cold Turkey whatever opiates you are on. If you really need something to cut off the edge a little ask your Dr. for 1 mg Klonopin 2x a day for the ordeal, or Clonidine 0.1 mg as prescribed. Give the bottle to someone else to administer them to you "properly". I do this for people all the time. Get to a place, house, hotel room, etc... AWAY from your hook-ups, and get dropped off there. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO HAVE ACCESS TO OPIATES, A WAY TO GET OPIATES, AND KEEP LOVING/SUPPORTING COMPANY, AND YOU'LL BE SO GLAD YOU TOOK THE COLD TURKEY ROUTE WHEN YOU ARE DONE! C.T. Detoxing shortens the PAWS too. PAWS are Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms, which occur after the initial detox like insomnia, fatigue/lethargy, appetite, anxiety, diarrhea, etc... You have to know though that most of these symptoms are caused by "us" mentally more than they are truly physical. We do this Psychosomatically! We dwell on the negative aspects instead of moving forward being positive, and CHANGING. Getting sober after being high to survive is a change. Being sober now becomes like getting high where you need to adjust to sober life, because it seems off, like something is wrong when it really is as it SHOULD be. You need to know this! Your old ways of viewing how things SHOULD be were flawed. That's what got n' kept you addicted to the HIGH, our flawed views. It is a "decision" to CHANGE YOUR LIFE, and not "just" to stop using drugs. If you just stop using, and don't clean out the things, or people you KNOW shouldn't be in YOUR Life then you have a 99.9% chance, no exaggeration here either, of going right back. That 0.1% applies only if you die first! "If you sit in a Barber-Shop long enough you WILL get a haircut."! If anyone, and I mean ANYONE would like someone to talk to, with, or needs me in anyway that I might be able to help them you can E-Mail me @ flippyed50@yahoo.com . I don't care if it's to snap, b***h, complain, or whatever as long as it helps YOU get sober.

    Peace n' Love! :D
    flippy Ed

    P.S.: Arrow Keep ya heads up! Again my E-Mail addy. is: flippyed50@yahoo.com

  2. #2
    Mojas7565 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    nice. . .please add paragraphs lol

  3. #3
    freakedout's Avatar
    freakedout is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Big Love
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy Ed View Post
    I've been on, and detoxed off of every opiate, mu-opiate, etc... I know of. I've rapid-detoxed, weaned-off, and COLD TURKEYED all of those drugs too. The last was a 3 year maintenance of Suboxone. I Cold Turkyed it! 6 years before that I Cold Turkyed 4-7 40mg Methadone Wafers, or 120mg-280mg of Methadone a day. Usually 120 mg! I did it COLD TURKEY! 2 weeks of a pure reminder of why I would never want to go back. The ONLY reason I wound up on Suboxone is because it was fairly new, I was hospitalized from a very bad car accident, and my Dr. told me Suboxone would be less addictive, and act longer. HA! I find it all comes down to how bad you want ti! If you want it bad enough you will stop it completely, because you are fed up. Why make it linger? Cold Turkey seems the most sincere way, quickest way, and reminding way of the hell it brings. I say get it out of your life NOW! Yes, it is shitty going through the extreme withdrawals, Shocked, but nothing worth anything comes easy. I've been clean for 11yrs. now, and work with addicts @ a 1yr. Faith Based Program Counseling addicts. Everyone who comes in addicted to opiates does it C.T. unless med. conditions will not allow it. Personally I find the extreme withdrawals of C.T. are a benefit if you choose to view your life as becoming truly free a benefit. I find C.T. over all is the best, and most desirable way to GET IT DONE! You will feel, and know how strong you really are when your going threw it, and are done with it. You will gain a sense of accomplishment threw the C.T. way that is transferable to sober life. I since survived Hurricane Katrina taking EVERYTHING materially I have ever worked for, my family photos, lives of people I loved, the place where I grew up "St. Bernard Parish", my house, and my life as I knew it at the time, but I KNOW I am an over-comer, and I have what it takes to be a survivor. Not only "just" surviving, but living life fully and abundantly! You need to want to BE DONE bad enough to put everything aside for a couple weeks, and Just Do It! No dilly-dallying around. Believe me you are strong enough! You need to let go of the FEAR of Withdrawing, and look forward to it. Sounds crazy right, looking forward to detoxing! Your not looking forward to the detoxing, but past it knowing "IT WILL END". When you get to this point in your life your success rate is a whopping 85%. Our Center has an 85% success rate of course with hiccups here n' there, but 85% overall. With this said about COLD TURKEY detoxing you also have to visit your Dr. 1st, not looking for excuses why not to, but to see if your body, and mind is medically able to handle it. I have 2 compressed discs n' 2 titanium rods attaching my spine together. I also used to suffer from Panic Attacks since I was 16 yrs. old that would have me black-out they were so intense. I did it with all of this, and YES it was an ordeal, but from that ordeal I gained a new perspective, one that stays fresh with me more so than any HIGH for sure. If you are medically able to, and your Dr. says you are, I would Cold Turkey whatever opiates you are on. If you really need something to cut off the edge a little ask your Dr. for 1 mg Klonopin 2x a day for the ordeal, or Clonidine 0.1 mg as prescribed. Give the bottle to someone else to administer them to you "properly". I do this for people all the time. Get to a place, house, hotel room, etc... AWAY from your hook-ups, and get dropped off there. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO HAVE ACCESS TO OPIATES, A WAY TO GET OPIATES, AND KEEP LOVING/SUPPORTING COMPANY, AND YOU'LL BE SO GLAD YOU TOOK THE COLD TURKEY ROUTE WHEN YOU ARE DONE! C.T. Detoxing shortens the PAWS too. PAWS are Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms, which occur after the initial detox like insomnia, fatigue/lethargy, appetite, anxiety, diarrhea, etc... You have to know though that most of these symptoms are caused by "us" mentally more than they are truly physical. We do this Psychosomatically! We dwell on the negative aspects instead of moving forward being positive, and CHANGING. Getting sober after being high to survive is a change. Being sober now becomes like getting high where you need to adjust to sober life, because it seems off, like something is wrong when it really is as it SHOULD be. You need to know this! Your old ways of viewing how things SHOULD be were flawed. That's what got n' kept you addicted to the HIGH, our flawed views. It is a "decision" to CHANGE YOUR LIFE, and not "just" to stop using drugs. If you just stop using, and don't clean out the things, or people you KNOW shouldn't be in YOUR Life then you have a 99.9% chance, no exaggeration here either, of going right back. That 0.1% applies only if you die first! "If you sit in a Barber-Shop long enough you WILL get a haircut."! If anyone, and I mean ANYONE would like someone to talk to, with, or needs me in anyway that I might be able to help them you can E-Mail me @ flippyed50@yahoo.com . I don't care if it's to snap, b***h, complain, or whatever as long as it helps YOU get sober.

    Peace n' Love! :D
    flippy Ed

    P.S.: Arrow Keep ya heads up! Again my E-Mail addy. is: flippyed50@yahoo.com
    Welcome to the Forum. IMO, Giving others advice about addiction requires honesty. According to your post you were on Suboxone maintenance for 3 years and now have been clean for 11 years. This doesn't add up. Suboxone didn't exist 14 years ago.

    How can we help you?


    -freak
    "The greatest derangement of the mind is to believe something because one wishes it to be so."
    ~Louis Pasteur

  4. #4
    Binky's Avatar
    Binky is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    i agree i think opoiates are not
    for
    everyone
    especially
    people
    who
    are
    prone
    to
    addiction
    because
    they are very addictive and it is very hard to get off them either by ct or suboxone or using rapid detox or if you turned into a born again christion or a mormon or even the rutabega and radish methodits h ard and tough on the body even if you went through a hurricane or some other natural disaster like an earthquake or a tsunami opiate withdrawal could ruin your whole day and even longer than a day like maybe a few weeks or even months or forsure could be years of uncomfortable symptoms that can take a toll on your mind and body not to mention thw aws and the saw sand the paws which are scary to imagine and terrible to go through no matter shich opiates you have been taking so which way is the best way to detox?
    Last edited by jdude; 08-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    Opiate and sub free since 6/21/10

  5. #5
    Melancholy's Avatar
    Melancholy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,018

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    broken keyboard?
    -Mellon
    "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.." - anon
    3-24-2010

  6. #6
    Melancholy's Avatar
    Melancholy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,018

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    i agree i think opiates are not for everyone especially people who are prone to addiction because they are very addictive and it is very hard to get off them either by ct or suboxone or using rapid detox or if you turned into a born again christion or a mormon or even the rutabega and radish methodits hard and tough on the body even if you went through a hurricane or some other natural disaster like an earthquake or a tsunami opiate withdrawal could ruin your whole day and even longer than a day like maybe a few weeks or even months or for sure could be years of uncomfortable symptoms that can take a toll on your mind and body not to mention thwawsand the saws and the paws which are scary to imagine and terrible to go through no matters hich opiates you have been taking so which way is the best way to detox?
    \

    radish methodists?
    -Mellon
    "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.." - anon
    3-24-2010

  7. #7
    Joplinfrk's Avatar
    Joplinfrk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    1,388

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    Welcome to the board, Ed..but...what?
    Don't be afraid of withdrawal. The sick feeling will pass and then the real work starts: staying sober. For me, the rooms of AA were the last thing I tried and the first thing that worked, but it will only work if you work it.

    1/31/2008

  8. #8
    RunTheMachine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gone Going
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    flippy Ed,

    Welcome to ODR.

    Powerful and compelling post! You raise several engaging points with regard to the straight-forwardness of CT detox. I'm sure many people, especially those leaning toward that approach in their decision to get clean, will glean plenty of valuable information from your post as to what they might expect, should they choose that route.

    Congrats on 11 years of recovery, and godspeed in your continued sobriety!

    Much peace,
    GII

  9. #9
    jdude's Avatar
    jdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    6,779

    Default Re: The absolute best way to detox!

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy Ed View Post
    I've been on, and detoxed off of every opiate, mu-opiate, etc... I know of. I've rapid-detoxed, weaned-off, and COLD TURKEYED all of those drugs too. The last was a 3 year maintenance of Suboxone. I Cold Turkyed it! 6 years before that I Cold Turkyed 4-7 40mg Methadone Wafers, or 120mg-280mg of Methadone a day. Usually 120 mg! I did it COLD TURKEY!:eek: 2 weeks of a pure reminder of why I would never want to go back. ........Cold Turkey seems the most sincere way, quickest way, and reminding way of the hell it brings. I say get it out of your life NOW!.....YOU'LL BE SO GLAD YOU TOOK THE COLD TURKEY ROUTE WHEN YOU ARE DONE! C.T. Detoxing shortens the PAWS too.
    PAWS is post acute WD symptoms. Detoxing fast or slow...they happen AFTER detoxing.

    If you don't pick up again to avoid the PAWS..or whatever justification you choose....you'll never have to go CT again. Even if it is the best method you've used...more then once.

    Godspeed
    Jay
    You can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking that caused them in the first place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Information in this forum is not monitored or provided by a medical professional. The information reflects member opinions only. Do not act on advice from these forums without first consulting a qualified medical professional. All content is copyrighted and protected by Aelius Group.